Last Updated: October 22, 2013
Comparable.org takes your privacy very seriously. If you have any questions concerning our Policy we invite you to contact us as set forth below.
This Policy may be updated periodically in our sole discretion. Each time we modify the Policy we will update the “date last modified” under the heading above.
1. We receive information about you as follows:
· Information you voluntarily give us during registration to become a contributor to Comparable.org. This information may include some or all of the following: Name, Email Address, Birthday (age), Gender, Location, Political Leaning, Relationship Status, and “Likes”.
· If you register through a third-party social networking or other service, such as Facebook, the information you make available from that service may become available to us.
· As you browse Comprable.org our site tools may use browsing data and cookies to collect usage data.
2. We use information about you as follows:
· To establish a user account with us.
· To contact you or communicate about our website.
3. We may share your information as follows:
· When you write comparisons as an “expert” or add comments to or weigh in on existing comparisons, other Comparable.org users may see personally identifiable information that you have provided us.
· We may share statistical information in the aggregate (not personally identifiable to you) for purposes of demographic modeling.
· If you link your Comparable.org account to a social networking site, we may use your personal information to facilitate your sharing with that site (such as Facebook and Twitter).
· As required by law and the courts.
4. Your options regarding your information:
· If you do not wish to accept cookies from Comparable.org, you may adjust the settings on your web browser to stop accepting cookies.
· You may stop email communications from us by adjusting your preferences or by clicking “unsubscribe” on emails from us and following the instructions.
· You may “unlink” any social media accounts from the preferences section of our site.
· You may update or modify information about you in the preferences section anytime. If you delete all your information, you will no longer be able to interact with our website.
5. Storage of your information:
· We take commercially-reasonable steps to protect the security of information collected at Comparable.org. We will never request credit card information, or login information from you so beware of “phishing” schemes requesting such information from you on our behalf.
· In the event of a data breach, we will cooperate with law enforcement and make any legally necessary disclosures of and about the breach to you either through an email or through a declaration on Comparable.org.
6. Information related to children:
· Comparable.org is not a service for children. We do not knowingly collect any information on children under 13. If you know of any instances where a child has provided us with their information please contact us immediately and we will delete that information from our records.
7. Contact Information:
· If you would like to contact us regarding any of the information herein, you may email us or contact us at 249 East 6th Avenue, Tallahassee, Florida 32303 or call us at 850-264-1331.